Chartered Engineers hold the highest status in the profession and to become one you need to have studied on an appropriately accredited course, before embarking on your professional development.
The Cambridge MEng courses are accredited as fully satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) by:
- the Institution of Civil Engineers
- the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- the Institute of Highway Engineers
- the Institution of Highways and Transportation
- the Institute of Measurement and Control
- the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- the Institution of Structural Engineers
- the Royal Aeronautical Society
An appropriate combination of Part II papers is required in each case. The Joint Board of Moderators of the Civil Engineering Institutions categorise the course as "MEng Accredited CEng (Full)".